Joseph's Success in
Genesis 39:1-5 Now Joseph had been taken down to
Genesis 39:23 The keeper of the prison did not look into anything that was under Joseph's authority, because the Lord was with him; and whatever he did, the Lord made it prosper.
Genesis 41:39-40 Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, "Inasmuch as God has shown you all this, there is no one as discerning and wise as you. (40) You shall be over my house, and all my people shall be ruled according to your word; only in regard to the throne will I be greater than you."
became successful in
2. God blessed the Egyptian named Potiphar, Joseph’s master, because of Joseph.
3. Joseph did the right thing but was still unfairly put in prison. But God was with Joseph in prison and extended kindness to him. Genesis 39:7-12, 20-21.
4. Joseph served God even though he was a slave in prison. Genesis 39:20; 40:8; 41:25-32.
5. Joseph gave God the credit for his ability to interpret dreams. Genesis 40:8; 41:16, 25, 28, 32.
glorified God when he appointed Joseph as overseer of
7. The Egyptians saved during a time of abundance so they would be prepared for a time of famine. Genesis 41:35-36.
Here we have another example of God blessing what His people put their hand to. Just like the Jacob and Laban story, God blesses the Unbelieving Master for the efforts of the Believing Slave. I know that it doesn’t seem equitable but “the rules are the rules”, if you don’t own the field the harvest isn’t yours.